For Blogs and News sites:
- Comment on pages related to your blog or articles and provide links to your content, that way you will get visitors interested in what you have to offer.
- Provide Background information on articles, information you covered in past articles related to the topic.
- If you are a review site, post part of your review in a side-wiki entry for the page and have a link to your site, that says "More Info", basically add a link to your review on related websites.
For Web Apps:
- Create a Side-Wiki Tour of your product
- Explain special features using Google Side-Wiki
- Get feedback about specific bugs and how to recreate them so you can fix them.
- Highlight your Newest Features
For Game Clan/Guild/Team/Group sites:
- leave comments on other sites related to the game you play, and link to them for your guild members(for example, if you play WoW, leave a side-wiki entry on a WoW related site and link your guild to it so they can reap the benefits)
- On RPG sites, go to the class page of the game you play, and make comments about good Character setups/builds. Link them to your guild mates.
For Online Stores:
- Offer Coupon codes in the Side-Wiki, your users will praise you for it and it will boost your sales!
- Highlight whats on sale
- Allow users to comment, rate, and leave reviews, on your items using Side-Wiki
For Sites that give out Awards:
- Post the Award image on the site that you wish to reward!
- Go to sites that are eligible to win an award and setup a link to vote for that site on your site.
For All sites:
- Talk about your Organization's history, talk about your sites history.
- Use it to allow Users to make your website more Correct, (for example if you accidentally made a mistake and say something like "Swine flu is spread by eating pigs" your users can comment saying "Technically Swine flu cannot be spread by eating Swine, please correct this.")
- Post links to your artwork on sites related to your art.(special techniques, styles...etc.)
- Comment on another Artists work
- Post Links to your Music on sites related to your music.
- Comment on another Musicians Work
- Leave a link to your site on the main site that you are a fan of.(For example, your site is a fan site for Muse the band, you make an entry on their official site with a link to your site.)
Is a site pretending to be your Organizations official site?
- Leave an entry on that site informing users that is not your site and that that site may attempt to steal their personal Info.
- Allow your users to visit the page you have in your database, and use side-wiki to give them a link back to your site, also you can have the description of the site be in the side-wiki entry!
- Highlight Key information(example, Number Statistics(deaths, injuries, people involved)
- Provide in-depth information on people and topics talked about on your site.
Security related websites:
- Post information on sites that are potentially harmful to warn users and promote your products.
These are just some of my ideas of how to utilize side-wiki in positive ways. I want to hear from you, what are some ideas for what you could use side-wiki for?